Family Help: How to Balance Work and Family
photo credit: Luyen Chou
Family Help: Balance Work and Family Life
There are still many employers who are still very diffident in regards to balancing work and family life. That being said, it should not be solely the workplace that should ensure a conciliation of work-family. Here are some useful advice for parents; there are many strategies a family can implement while taking into consideration their own particular needs. But how do you go about to enhance and arrange your work and home life and improve your present circumstances?
Better Work-Job Organization
- Better plan the work and work time-management. For instance, establish objectives and realistic dates, priorities, agenda. This can make an important difference in managing your stress.
- Reduce number of business trips.
- Refuse overtime and working additional hours if the work expectations are not reasonable.
- Try to work part-time, this may be an advantageous possibility but may sometimes be difficult to consider because of financial consequences (decreased revenue, pension and benefits).
- Don’t be afraid to make changes in your present position. For instance if your current position obliges you to travel everyday or very frequently look for opportunities in another department or a different position that allows you to remain at work office close to home instead.
- Ask your boss if you can telecommute to work.
- Ask your boss about the possibility of working from home every week or every two weeks. By saving on transportation time, you use that time to do a few chores, start cooking supper, get a head start on your weekly ”to do” list.
- Look into becoming self-employed; there are many opportunities to work from home. This allows for flexible hours and you make your own schedule. Be sure to discuss this with your partner, working from home requires discipline, organizational skills and good time management.
Better Family Home Organization
- Prioritize household chores.
- Share household chores. Asking your partner to contribute to certain tasks will greatly reduce the stress levels of Moms, who usually are left with home responsibilities of cleaning in general.
- Get your children involved with cooking meals together as a family; it reduces your stress levels, allows your children to learn a valuable skill and their self-confidence will receive a boost.
- Don’t be afraid to go to the restaurant occasionally.
- Don’t be afraid to take out or order pizza weekly.
- Preserve your family time; cooking meals together, weekends, special occasions. Refrain from bringing work at home unless absolutely necessary.
- Delegate some responsibilities to your children, start with small tasks and as they grow increase their responsibility. Teenagers should not be excluded.
- Get external paid help for household, cooking, old aged parents. (If you can afford it.)
Balancing work and family is not always simple, however you can start to look at ways and what can be a proper fit for you and your family. Make every effort to reduce your stress levels in your life, make the right choices for you and remember to always place your family first!
Filed under: Family Help
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!